"Dear Lord, I've been asked, nay commanded, to thank Thee for the Christmas turkey before us......a turkey which was no doubt a lively, intelligent bird.....a social being.....capable of actual affection...... nuzzling its young with almost human-like compassion.  Anyway, it's dead and we're going to eat it.  Please give our respects to its family." ~ Berke Breathed

When I was a little girl, waiting for Christmas morning drove me crazy.  I used to sneak around the house when I thought my parents weren't looking to see if I could discover the hiding place that held the secrets of Christmas morn. Here there are fewer decorations out than when we lived in Florida and Matthew spent hours climbing all over the roof with his Papa.  Our light pollution on the mountain is simpler but just as meaningful.  The little girl excitement still exists in me.   I do love this time of year.  I'm better about sneaking around to find my presents.  I now wait until Christmas morning.

May you all be blessed with Peace and good health throughout the year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog