One night Cliff read the blog and told me I hadn't posted anything recently.  I knew that.  The next night Louise called me from MA and told me I hadn't posted anything recently.................so here goes.  The weather the past couple of days has been mild, 60's to 70 degrees,  probably the last time until March.  Today is only 48. 

I don't know how people get anything done when they work full-time.  Most mornings are full with going to the gym and driving to visit Cliff's mother in the nursing facility.  I've been shopping online, which I find extremely convenient since all of our families live in different states.  The VA grandchildren sent a wish list of interesting items which I was able to purchase mostly from Walmart online.  What I didn't realize is, even though I was on a Walmart site, that the items would be shipped from various Walmarts so the parents will probably be receiving about a dozen deliveries that they'll have to open, sort through, and wrap.  At least none of the gifts have to be assembled the night before Christmas.  And families continue to grow.  We've added another great-grandchild in KY to our family and one of our grandsons in KS is engaged to be married in June. 

I finally completed my Christmas card design and have most of them addressed and mailed out.  Still writing correspondence to those who only hear from us on Christmas.  Pulled out my mother's old recipe box looking for our favorite Spritz cookie recipe and became side-tracked by her other recipes.  Every Christmas she baked and decorated gingerbread boys, made different kinds of fudge, and a Boston brown bread that she baked in coffee cans.  Her wooden recipe box is full of stories and memories.  It's easy for me to get lost in that box and get nothing done. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog