I love this time of year!  Our nights are still cool with waking temperatures some mornings in the low 40's.  Great for sleeping with a window cracked open. Wild azaleas are bursting throughout the woods and along the vegetable garden.  Today I put in two long rows of green and yellow beans. 
                                             Potatoes still thriving.
Transplanted all nine tomato plants this week.  Put in summer squash seeds and some gourds.  We attached our new bird house to an oak tree at the edge of the garden and a couple of days later watched a pair of titmice load up their beaks with straw and leaves and fly into the opening.

Chickadees have taken up residence in the gourd hanging in the sour wood.  When I take a break from gardening and sit in my chair under the tree, they sit on the branches and scold me for being so close to their home.

Saturday I did the first farmers market of the season.  Weather was beautiful, sunny, low 70's.  It was nice to be set up again, talk to the other vendors and meeting new people.

 The new hat rack placed outside of the tent attracted a lot of attention.  Next Saturday is the day before Mother's Day so I'm hoping it'll be a good market day.

The rain barrel is up and running.  It's sitting on concrete blocks and Cliff secured it with metal posts.  I'm filling the sides and front with rock to deter any erosion.  We've hooked a short hose to the bottom spigot and I can reach any part of the garden that needs water.  Of, course, now that it's in place, we're in a dry spell.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog