Last Wednesday we started our two-day drive to Massachusetts, stayed one night in Winchester, VA, and arrived late afternoon on Thursday.  I prepared fruits, packed cans of almonds, dark chocolate to help our mood, and filled our plug-in refrigerator with healthy snacks.  We did really well on Wednesday and felt good after the long ride.  Thursday morning we were back in the car around 6 AM and by 10, Cliff started asking what food groups we had left.  We were tired just thinking of the long drive ahead of us.  Out came the potato chips, chocolate cookies, York peppermint patties, and everything else we avoided on the first day's drive.  We stayed with my sister and brother-in-law in Hudson for the couple of days we were there.  Friday afternoon Cliff and I met his family for the graveside Memorial service for his mother.  It's been very emotional for Cliff and his sister-in-law, Diane, to have to wait this long, but now his mother is in her final resting place. 

Later that evening, we dropped by to visit my dear friend, Evelyn and her husband, Steve.  Evelyn and I met in Marlboro Hospital when she had her third child and I had Lauria.  I stopped at four children but Evelyn continued on to have seven. When the two of us get together, which may only be every 6-8 years, we pick up where we left off and nobody else can get a word in.  Saturday Cliff and I got together in the afternoon with my sister and brother and their spouses, then traveled on for one last visit to catch up with friends in Princeton that we've known for about 35 years. 

Sunday morning we headed toward VA to spend a few days with the grandchildren before returning home. 
Their house was built in 1875 and has such character and warmth.  I fell in love with it. I didn't take any except this one because Lauria has lots of pictures and will be sending me her photos.  I'll post them when she does.

We're off to a rodeo so will post more later.  Since coming home, I've been fighting with potato bugs and weeds, not spending much time inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog