No matter where I've lived, my favorite time of year is when I am barefoot wearing capris and a tank top or short-sleeve jersey, no A/C, just open windows and freedom.


My daily battle with the Colorado potato beetles.  I've cursed them, insulted them, and sprayed them with Neem and every day they return.  I lost control the eight days we were away, but I have more tricks up my sleeve.
Cucumbers beginning to climb up their trellis.
We've been eating lettuce and spinach daily.
Mountain laurel in full bloom throughout our forest.

A few photos of our stay with Lauria, Jim, and grandchildren.  Their place is wonderful.

10 yr old Sofia riding her bike down the slope in the back yard.
10.5 yr old Hayden in her "gerbil wheel."
10 yr old Grant riding Lauria's unicycle.
6 yr old Olivia in motion..............always in motion.  Wonder where she gets it?!
My tree hugging daughter.
I brought a tin of my Grandmother Still's old button collection that I've had for years. Grandma Still was born in the late 1800's so some of the buttons are 100 years old.  Some of them might have belonged to her mother.  It was time to pass the buttons to those who would appreciate them.  Sofia took the buttons that intrigued her and carried her little button box every where she went.  I enjoyed listening to how she sorted and categorized them.
Olivia and I did yoga outside in the shade of a huge tree.  Savasana was probably the only time she was still.
                          Ben up in a great old tree.
This is where the fairies live.  How lucky the children are to have a home where fairies also live.














Comments

ralph said…
excellent! and the tree doesn't make me look fat! i have some pics of you and ben and olivia doing "yoga." i should send them to you to add to this post!

Popular posts from this blog