I was in my dermatologist's in-office surgical room nervously waiting for him to carve out a melanoma  from my leg and kept staring at the cabinets, thinking, hm-m-m-m, those look familiar! Cliff entered the room to be with me and immediately said the cabinets were the same as ours.





 All Monday ,Tuesday and Wednesday morning we watched the kitchen come together.  Painted walls look yellow in some pictures but paint is a light coffee color.  I have hardware for the drawers and doors in mind.  The  darker contrasting counter top and the finished crown molding will be installed in about three weeks.  We've already replaced the original appliances and I stuck with white to keep the kitchen  bright.  I still have boxes and odds and ends lining the dining room wall.  As I was cleaning things from the old cabinet, I came across dishes and stuff tucked behind more dishes and stuff and decided not to put them back in the new cabinets.  Everything I don't want we'll bring to Lauria.  Next week we drive to Massachusetts for Cliff's mother's graveside memorial service and on the way home we'll stop in to see Jim, Lauria, and the grandchildren.

Back to the dermatologist.  About five weeks ago my massage therapist advised me to have a spot on my leg looked at.  The biopsy came back positive for melanoma and today I had a 2-inch incision to remove all the tissue around the melanoma.  I'm so thankful for the heads up as it was caught very early.

Anyway, I love my kitchen.  The garage is my father and the kitchen is my mother.  I'm surrounded with their spirits and their energy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog