Melanie told me to sit down and get blogging.........................

The hummingbirds this time of year are vicious.  While having coffee at 6:30 on the porch, I counted 6 in my view at once, bombing each other and body slamming in mid-air.  In Blairsville, Barb texted me that hers sounded like a squadron of mini jets.   They are so-o-o entertaining!

They're so bold right now, they get in your face.  I'm boiling 4 cups of nectar each day to keep three big feeders and four tube feeders full.  The tubes are filled each morning and again by afternoon.  It's a full-time job keeping them happy.  Guess I can't go to work!
Sunrise seen from our front porch.

Monday is "old people" discount at Burkes (Bealls in Florida).  I finally found a pair of yoga capris that go to my waist and not 6" below the navel allowing the saggy abdomen to jiggle during downward-facing dog.  Then off to Logan's Run Rescue Thrift Store where I found three regular summer capris for $2.50 each and a queen comforter and dust ruffle ($8) in the Southwestern colors I've been looking for to put in the guest room. 
Lots of color choices for pillow covers.

Last, but not least.  My new kitchen cabinets are soft close.  No banging.  They quietly and slowly close on their own.  So in keeping with that soft-close theme, my latest puchase.............



Who would have thought of a quiet close commode cover!


Comments

ralph said…
who knew there was a market for a slow close commode cover?! wow. can't wait to visit and see if we can break that for you... ;) kidding!!!

and melanie is right. when you stop blogging we all think you are dead! and your friends all need nicknames. i like "blairsville barb!" and love the photos of the hummingbirds. ours have slowed down a lot.

Popular posts from this blog