I woke in a somber humorless mood this morning because of poor sleep lately due to inflammation pain in my left wrist and fingers.   There was very limited conversation during my breakfast of champions, oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter and ground flaxseed.  I get somewhat miffed when the inflammation and pain lasts for more than a couple days.  Then I become annoyed with myself for feeling irritated at the pain.  If I can't get the inflammation under control in a few weeks, I may call my rheumatologist. Pulling out of our driveway on the way to the gym, I noticed a slight movement in the trees before this young doe came into sight.  I stopped the Kia and waited.  She stood watching me watch her. Then I slowly drove around the curve not knowing if she would run across the road to the other side of the woods.
She moved a little further into the woods yet never took her big beautiful eyes off me.  I rolled the passenger-side window down and in a gentle voice spoke to her.  Her face was a rich chocolate brown and her coat was a deep mocha.  Her colors appeared more vibrant than other deer we've seen.  Anyway, stopping to enjoy and admire her for those few minutes changed my grim mood.

Looking through my iPhone pictures, I realized I hadn't updated the arbor that we, mostly Cliff, built.  I handed him the screws and supervised his work.
Since grounding the arbor in place over a week ago, the wisteria has reached out and wound itself up the left side.  There is still some ground work to be done and rock to be spread.

 
 My energetic little female tanking up at the kitchen window feeder. 
The bleeding heart is seen on the right side from the kitchen window. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog