This morning after slathering my skin with Australian Blue Lizard sunscreen, I donned my farmer overalls and hat and headed to the garden to pull up the pea vines.  I'm already thinking about a better way to grow the peas early next spring. 
                                             Farmer outstanding in her field.

The new pea pods and flowers are delicious on salads or on sandwiches so as I pulled up the vines, I trimmed the new growth and picked the last of the peas.  Of course the peas are so crunchy and sweet freshly picked that I kept nibbling.
                                        This is what made it back to the kitchen.
Early spring was hot and very dry.  About mid-May we got into a cool rainy spell with many cloudy days.  Without the sun, the tomatoes plant became thin and straggly.  Potato leaves turned yellow and I fought with the bugs daily, calling them names before flicking them into a can of soapy water. 

Seeds that had been planted didn't germinate.  The ground was soaked and the voles were busy making tunnels to taunt me.  Lettuce did great and the carrots loved the rain. 

In previous years when I planted lavender, they died.  This year my lavender thrive and bloom. 

Just when Cliff thought he could relax in his recliner, I bought an American wisteria which needed an arbor to grow on.  Yesterday UPS delivered the box from Amazon Prime.

We assembled it this morning and tomorrow we'll work on the placement.  Living on the side of a mountain is a challenge for every project but it keeps us out of trouble.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog