Our temperature dropped to 19 degrees this morning. Hideous! for this time of year.  The past couple of days steadied in the 30's with today being mostly sunny.  This is brutal for late November.  I may have to whine my way through fall/winter this season.  Normally I can grill our salmon steaks outside until January but tonight they are being pan fried.  Our outside Christmas lights were put up yesterday in cutting cold 11 mph winds.  We bundled up and did the best we could before my finger tips froze, with gloves on.  On a positive note, the crisp cold air wakes up your senses.

Thursday morning
9:05 am bright sunshine
November 30, 1995
30 degrees at 6:40 am

Dear Betsy,
         Well, I stopped what I was doing to hunt through my recipes books for my small cranberry book of recipes. Can't find it anywhere.  Do you have it? Anyway, I got all the books of the shelf and dusted the shelf in the kitchen that holds my cookbooks.  Found a lot of cobwebs along ceiling!  Last night baked two cranberry breads.  One will share with Retta.  Should make Dad a chocolate cake.  Birds are eating like crazy.  Dad put out a bag of suet and starlings keep steeling into it.  We want woodpeckers and chickadees to have it.  The snow is  gone except for a few patches here and there.  We love you and send love to all your kids.

Love, Mom and Dad 

Our first snow is predicted around December 9, maybe flurries.  The way late fall is going, we'll just have to wait and see.  This past week I baked four pumpkin breads and two zucchini breads.  Some made their way to the freezer.  Cold weather and shorter daylight hours revs up the appetite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog