This is my view from the kitchen window...................

The tall tree stump on the left had recently been struck by lightning.  One morning I notice a large male Pileated woodpecker ripping the bark off in search of insects.  Our neighbor, Charlie, cut the tree down leaving a place for me to set a plant or put a bird house on or whatever else I come up with.  This morning while doing dishes I watched male and female Eastern bluebirds bathe.  When he splashed and submerged she stood guard then he did the same for her.  I laughed and enjoyed their playful splashing.

Being home has been a little challenging for Cliff but I love it.  I really don't want too be running into town for errands or gas or prescriptions daily.  I'm content being outside with my plants, weeds, birds, and no drama, no traffic.  This year our bluebirds successfully hatched, fed, and fledged their offspring. We don't know how many babies the parents fed but for the past two weeks they have been very busy.  I put out meal worms for the parents to feed the babies.  

The garden had been looking good until the three days of continuous rain we just had.  Three inches of rain, some torrential knocking over potato plants and drowning some of the other plants.  Chard and spinach were beaten up pretty badly.  I picked the last of them today, sauteed them in olive oil and garlic for my lunch.  Garlic should be ready to be harvested in a couple of weeks.  Then I have lots of room to put in something else. The rain has given us full lush green trees.  Wild blackberry bushes are full.  The wild blueberries that grown everywhere have blueberries this year.  Now if I can get to them before the bears or birds do when they ripen. Down by our mailbox the blackberry bushes are full.  I'll have to wear my boots wen I pick them.  

At the park where I walk, the retired Marines raise money this Veterans Memorial Honor walkway.  Recently while doing my walk, I stopped to thank them for their service and for volunteering with this ongoing project.  The Marine I spoke to told me that the "Pacesetters" who were preparing the grounds for more honor bricks were trouble teens who needed guidance and a purpose.


 

This chemo Rx is really challenging for Cliff.  The first couple of days he doesn't feel too badly but the pump Rx is harsh so from Thursday/Friday on his days are rough.  He's fatigued and very nauseous. He seems to crave carbs, mostly potatoes or elbows.  Each morning he eats one or two eggs, drinks ensure and during the day lots of juices and water.  I'm driving now, probably driving him crazy.  Hopefully, he'll have a little more energy as this week goes on.  I cook up whatever he thinks he can eat.  

Not going to proof this so if it doesn't make sense......ad lib. hahaha


 

 

 

mm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog