Yesterday I was hoping to arrive in town before the Capitol Tree did so I could watch the huge truck maneuver  into place but it arrived early and the crowd was already in motion.

It was warm and muggy.  Clouds looked like the would rain any minute but never did.  On the right is the truck carrying Ruby the Spruce tree.  The red section with six windows is the top of the tree decorated with colorful cardboard faux decorations.  






Cardboard figures of the U.S. Forest Service personnel on this tour.  Three of them were from Murphy and happy to be there talking to people.  

Under this tent was the story of Ruby .

From these pine cones..........

come these seeds.

These baby spruce are 6-8 months old.

This is a piece of Ruby showing how old she was when harvested.

Each ring was labeled in the year of growth.  1950 was the first label.  

Guests were invited to sign the plastic covering the tree.  I wish I had taken a picture of my signing so Cliff could see it.

Even the Grinch was there.............................

I texted the pictures as I took them to Cliff.  It was too much walking for him and he gets weak.  Also brought him a Smokey the Bear coloring book!! 

His oncology report from the portal isn't terrible.  The marker is up 10 more so it's at 54 which is expected.  He's more weary, eating less, and doing the best he can.  I drive in the mornings and he drives later in the afternoon when he's more focused. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog