First Lettuce!!

I picked the first head of red leaf lettuce this evening for Cliff's sliced turkey wrap.  For about the last six weeks we've been enjoying locally grown spinach and lettuce from the Candy Mountain Farmers here in Murphy.  What a comforting feeling to be able to go to the garden and get food.  Brings me back to the days of living at home in Hudson. 

Went back to Wayne's Feed and Grain this morning after our hour walk. Then before the rain, we planted peppers,  Roma tomatoes, some sunflower seeds and I still need to plant watermelon, cantaloupe, and sweet potatoes.  When I get all these planted., I'll go back and get a few eggplants and anything else that looks good.  Then I thinned the beets and the radishes a little more.  Radishes are close to being ready to add to our salads.  Tuesday is predicted to be very rainy. 

Comments

ralph said…
that is beautiful lettuce! better looking than that GMO stuff in the stores!

Popular posts from this blog