HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

To make our closing for the Deltona house easier, Cliff bought a scanner which allowed us to process paperwork from here.  Now I have this new electronic gadget to play with and use for my blog.  I had a few more photos in mind to post but can't locate them at this time.  I'll come across them someday when I'm not looking for them.  These are some of my favorites. 

 HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the wonderful caring men in our lives. 

 Dad sitting on the kitchen porch on Riverview Street

He spent many hours trimming bushes, clipping overgrown shrubs, keeping our homestead neat and trim.  When he wasn't outside gardening, you could find him in the cellar putting his tools in order, wrapping pieces of string, or sorting nails into little glass jars.  When we were kids, we would "go down cellar and bang." Dad had a box of old wood scraps that we were allowed to make things with and had specific tools we could use.  But like kids do, I didn't listen, don't remember if Chip and Retta behaved better, and I used any tools I wanted.  He always found out because his tools were placed in exact locations where he penciled the outline and I didn't place them in their assigned spots.  Eventually, he built a cabinet where he could secure the tools that were off limits. Happy Father's Day, Dad.  I know you're still watching your children.


Michael and Mike, Jr in the summer of 1997 in my parents' yard.  Happy Father's Day, Michael. 

Richard, Carolyn, John.........Chris and Matthew in Deltona, FL.  Happy Father's Day, John.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog