Spring Soup recipe

This evening I made Italian Spring Soup because it sounded light, very nutritious, and filling.  And the recipe said it's one of the secrets to European women staying as thin as they do.  As I always do when I tackle a new recipe, I carefully read the ingredients and the instructions, then reread the instructions. This soup called for asparagus tips and I really don't like them. The soup is thrown together quickly and served immediately so I coarsely chopped, sliced, removed stems, and prepared the ingredients to be sauteed, simmered, and whisked as the recipe instructed.  On the corner of the sink sets my compost container where wilted lettuce and squished blueberries get discarded then brought down to the compost pile beside the garden.  This afternoon I after tossing in egg shells, ripped escarole leaves, leek roots, baby spinach stems, and asparagus stalks the container was full so I walked down to the compost pile and emptied it.  Then I was ready to put the soup together.  I sauteed the leeks, added the escarole and spinach, and after putting in the vegetable broth, the recipe called for the asparagus tips.  I couldn't find the tips.  Looked in all the bowls, on the cutting board, in the refrig.........no asparagus tips.  I had accidentally thrown them in the compost pile with the rest of the scraps...........and there they stayed.  The soup is very good without the tips.  The recipe is posted under RECIPES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog