This is not actually Max and the deer but this is about as close as the two were this morning.  When I looked out the bathroom window, I saw Maxine hunkered down in pounce position and just a few feet away Fawn Doe was laughing at her.  I was leery about getting the camera not knowing whether Max would try to pounce......didn't want to take my eyes off her.  In my mind , I'm wondering, how did she get that close, what is she going to do now, how is she going to get out of this?  Cliff and I watched for a few minutes until Fawn stomped her hoof and we figured that was a defensive signal.  Did Maxine not realize how much larger this animal is than her?  We would have liked to have seen how this played out, but I was bothered by the stomp, so Cliff went out, walked quite close to the deer until she walked away.  Maxine must have thought she had won the stand-off because she turned to us and meowed proudly, wagged her tail as she followed us back to the porch.  Dumb cat.....can't even keep the squirrels off the feeder.

Comments

ralph said…
well, obviously you need to get rid of max and get this cat in the photo. i'll bet it can chase a squirrel, too.

Popular posts from this blog