Guess it's Karma

When my friend, Pat, goes to thrift shops, she picks up old magazine issues and shares them with me.  This morning I poured my freshly brewed cup of coffee, sat back in my recliner with the April/May 2007 issue of Mother Earth ready to read all the articles in this "giant garden issue."  The front cover pictured a greens garden and a wonderful rustic tipi trellis as the focal point of the garden.  This is how I plan to grow the cukes, peas, and beans this year.  Starting on page 125 were the directions and photos to make simple, beautiful garden fences and trellises.  Along the way, I read a few articles about raising chickens, how a family transformed a barn into their home, and how an Italian in Ridgefield, Connecticut prepares his fig tree to survive the cold winters.  As I flipped through the rest of the magazine looking for the simple, beautiful garden trellises title, I couldn't find it.  Flipping back through again, I came to pages 123, 124, 131.  Page 131?!? Somebody beat me to it this time.

Very windy this morning, 38 degrees, heavy clouds, and a few snow flurries here and there.  The birds clasp their little feet on the rims of the feeders and sit there all fluffed to the size of cornish game hens.  We're heading to a Willie Nelson Concert in Georgia this evening and of course, the winds will pick up to 40 mph and the temperature is due to drop to about 15 degrees. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog