"Wouldn't it be boring if the journey threw no curves?"

I have only two magazines subscriptions now...........two publications that I still need to hold in my hands, still need to read out on the porch with a cup of chai tea, even in the brisk crisp weather.  Sitting on the porch with a cup of tea and a computer on my lap just doesn't have the same enjoyment as physically turning the pages of a favorite magazine or book, but I've become more mindful of our environment so when old subscriptions ran out, there were no renewals.  I've always swapped and shared with friends or borrowed from the public library, but over the years have tried  become more aware of the impact newspaper and magazine publications have on our environment.  I keep all my Mother Earth issues for the recipes, esp. the breads, and the gardening tips, and even though I don't milk my own cows or raise my own bacon........yet........ I live vicariously through the homesteaders.  My March issue of  Whole Living magazine is packed with strength training articles for healthy muscles, great recipes for winter eating, and sound advice for relaxation and whole living.  If the magazine doesn't resemble Swiss cheese after clipping new recipes or exercise/yoga articles, I pass Whole Living on to others or leave it in my hairdresser/yoga instructor's waiting area. In Murphy, like Mayberry RFD, people hold many positions.  You may be the clerk of courts, a notary, the JP, and the postmaster general. 

 from our kitchen porch


Caught a quick shot of this morning's sunrise.  Temperature was 20 degrees at 7 AM and cold air will arrive bringing snow showers this weekend.  When I called Cliff's mother this morning at 7:30, she told me the pink sunrise in the Massachusetts sky was a wonderful beginning to her day, also.

"Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog