Third Saturday Farmers Market


There was one small rainy weather system today and it continuously dropped drizzle and light rain over our tents on this third market day.  Temperatures were moderate so we weren't chilled.  By afternoon it was about 62 degrees.  An hour after we packed up our market goods and headed home the clouds lightened and the sky cleared for a few hours before it poured.  Considering we weren't rained out during our market time, the drizzle wasn't so bad after all.  Being an Easter weekend, there are lots of visitors vacationing in mountain cabins or staying with family.  It was a good market day for me.  I'll have to get busy this week building up my inventory for next weekend which is the BBQ and Ramp Festival being held in the same area as our market.  Cliff only visited the English pastry lady once for his chocolate chip cookie and I bought my usual ginger/honey bar but returned later for my chocolate cake fix.  The lady in the tent to my left creates absolutely gorgeous quilted handbags and the lady to the right of me creates copper jewelry.  Across from my tent and next to the pastry lady is a husband and wife who create items from wooden wine barrels.
I'm really not half-in-the bag, just relaxing in the wine chair.
So far, market Saturdays have been fun.  I look forward to going, setting up, and chatting with visitors and vendors.  My Candy Mountain Farmers have luscious fresh spinach,  crisp radishes, spring baby lettuce,  red leaf lettuce, and next weekend they'll pull parsnips.  This year they're also grinding their own grains like cornmeal.  This week I brought my knitting so when things slow down I have something to do which keeps me from wandering to the pastry tent.  I'm considering bringing my dulcimer some Saturdays.  Maybe I'll attract a crowd out of curiosity and shoppers will buy  things to take my attention from playing and singing.

Comments

ralph said…
our farmer's market opened today!! i told a BUNCH of folks about you and your new profession! i'm so proud of you! well, jealous, actually. proud and jealous. jeeeeeeeeaaaalllllllous! and the other thing, too...
Karen Swain said…
Had dinner with Boni, Karen, and Barb tonight and told them about your new venture. They were very impressed and pleased for you.
Betsy said…
Thanks to both of you for your vote of confidence!

Popular posts from this blog