My dreaded dental work is done.  Going to a dentist causes me such anxiety that I never looked for a dentist when we moved here.  For five years it's been on my mind, which also caused anxiety knowing that I could end up with a toothache and be in pain, which caused more anxiety.  In January I finally pulled my head out of the sand and went to Cliff's dentist.  X-rays showed I had some decay, a root canal gone bad, and a couple of abscessed roots.  I had to put on my big girl boots, take a deep breath, and make the appointments to get things fixed.  It took two visits to replace the old root canal and drill out (ouch) the decay.  Yesterday was my third visit with the endodontist to take care of the abscesses.  He prescribed a "happy" pill to take one hour before my appointment which made the gum surgery bearable.  When Cliff got me home and into my recliner, I slept for a couple of hours and don't remember much of the day.  He said I snored like a grizzly bear.  I find that hard to believe!  Today I look like I was in a barroom brawl.  My chin is swollen and the right side is bruised, black and blue.  It's amazing that I'm not in pain.  My diet consists of pea soup, mashed potatoes, tapioca pudding, which Cliff made for us and I had to fight for my share, cream of wheat, fruit smoothies, etc.  Today we stopped at the Chop House in Murphy after picking up a few groceries and had their creamy potato and cheddar soup.  It was delicious but I'm souped out!  Tomorrow I can go back to chewing my food instead of drinking it but have to cut everything into small pieces.  That's do-able.  It's such a relief to have this done. 

We haven't seen the male hummingbird again since April 3.  He must have been a traveler.  New nectar is in the feeders and we await our little birds.  It's usually around April 11 that ours come and stay.  If we hadn't been at the kitchen window that day, we would have missed him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog