It's 5:23 am.  I've been awake since 4:38 when Ben called from the dormitory "Pau Pau, I want you to sleep with me!" I tiptoed to the children's room to lay on the bed like Jim does when Olivia or Ben need him to comfort them but couldn't even find an inch of bed to lie on.  Ben was back in a sleep in that short time anyway so I headed back to my bed only to be kept awake by a snoring sound from our bed.  I couldn't resort to the couch because Hayden and Kirby chose that as their sleepy quarters.  It was close to my waking time anyway, so I put on my coffee, opened the porch door, and decided to appreciate the sounds of a pug snoring, moisture dripping from the leaves, and a lone cricket chirping in the woods.  This is a good time to blog and collect my thoughts before the actions figures come to life.
Yesterday after miniature golf and lunch at the Happy Garden Buffet in Murphy, Sofia made chocolate chip cookies.  Papa had retired to the bedroom for a little quiet time and a short nap until the smell of warm cookies wafted under the door and tickled his nose.




Sofia did all the direction reading and ingredient measuring by herself.  I put the cookie sheet in the hot oven and removed them for her when her timer went off.

Before Grant started supper, I made a cup of ginger and tumeric tea to have on the porch and watch the hummingbirds battle at their feeders.  Olivia and Ben played in the water.


Yes, that's Ben with a plastic bucket on his head.  He served Olivia her water tea.

It's 6:10 now and I hear voices and stirring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog