Non Farmers Market Day

Just read an email from my sister in MA and I realized I forgot to post my farmers market day, which didn't happen this morning, by my choice.  Last week was so boring and slow that considering the high chance of thunderstorms today and the poor attendance right now,  I told Cliff there was no sense in setting up only to watch the sky, listen for thunder, and continuously check the radar on our iPhones.  We did mosey on down to buy some fresh carrots, yellow beans, beets, and fresh eggs.  We ate all the carrots and beets from our garden.  Many of the other vendors didn't show either.

 The new fall beets, bok choy, Swiss chard, and spinach are still thriving.  I put in two tomato plants yesterday but couldn't get the other three in as it started to thunder in the distance.  Lightning and I don't get along well.  Bake two tomato, summer squash, potato casseroles this afternoon for the freezer when we're craving summer vegetables this winter. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog