Finally got the last two pieces of unfinished furniture stained and polyurethaned before the weather was too cold to work outside.  Now the porch plants have a home in the winter sun and my sewing boxes and other bits of junk will be out of sight.  Next time we get to the quilting store in Blairsville, GA, I'll pick up some  material, make three little curtains to put on spring rods, and cover the collection of unfinished projects.  Last year I brought in too many porch plants.  This year some are stored down in the crawl space..........sleeping..........maybe.  Whatever doesn't make it will be tossed out in the compost pile in the spring and I'll start over. 

 Picked the last of our fall spinach. and another couple of lettuce servings.  We may be able to get a few more helpings of lettuce.  The broccoli is still growing now that I protect  it from the hungry rabbits and deer. 

 When the hummingbirds migrated south for the winter, I missed them visiting me at the kitchen window so I hung a make-shift feeder on the hummingbird hook.  The plant hanger is weighted with rock and the pie plate has holes for drainage.  I had thought about buying a cheap feeder for the window but I expect the bear to visit this winter when its hungry so didn't want to waste $$$$.  The Carolina chickadees and nuthatches have become used to someone taking their pictures and standing at the sink washing pots and pans.




Today is Matthew's 22nd birthday.  Our first grandson is maturing into a wonderful young man.  It seems like just months ago I read stories while I rocked him, took him to the Sanford Zoo, and watched him decorate the Candlewick house for Christmas with his Papa. Happy Birthday, Matthew.

Comments

ralph said…
love the furniture - it looks fabulous! and the high dollar bird feeders, too! i have those same materials - i'll have to build my own birdfeeder. a great idea!

Popular posts from this blog