Mornings

"I'll tell you how the sun rose one ribbon at a time." ~Emily Dickinson

I love mornings, always have, but enjoy them immensely since retiring.  Each day unfolds the unexpected.  After experiencing 28 degrees at night, the weather turned unseasonably (such a word?) mild about a week ago.  Last night stayed 60 degrees all night.  It's drizzly this morning and will remain warm all day.  We'll take it........ no complaints.  I've been thinking about some new outdoor decorations.  Printed up directions for making log reindeer for the front yard and would like to light up an artificial tree on the front porch this year.  On Black Friday, we'll started hanging wreaths on the windows and lights on the house.  I've been researching the mountain dulcimer and as soon as I can purchase one around here, you'll find me sitting on the porch serenading the birds and the deer.

An after thought................this came to mind as I was trying to make toast with my 2nd attempt at my wheat bread.  It crumbled as I removed it from the toaster.  Friends eat your homemade wheat bread without complaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog