Relax and enjoy a cup of hot tea........

 "The heart sees deeper than the eye." ~Yogi Green Tea Triple Echinacea tea bag!

     I awoke this morning at 4:27 AM, not able to go back to sleep, as excited as if I were eight years old again and waiting to open my presents.  My gift is the unfolding of each day, embracing unpredictable events, and the peace and blessings that radiate from my family and friends. So as not to wake Cliff at that hour, I quietly settled in the guest bedroom with a hot cup of tea and my soul-soothing Agnus Dei CD playing softly in the background. Propped up on four pillows, I allowed Jan Karon to transport me from the mountains of rural Mitford to beach side Whitecap in her fifth book of the Mitford series,  A New Song.
     The temperature remained unusually warm all night, staying about 60 degrees.  As this front passes through, it'll bring a chance of thundershowers and drop the temperature back to high 30's at night.  Today I get to eat at a restaurant of my choice so for my birthday lunch we'll go to the Chop House in downtown Murphy, where today, Cliff will have to leave a tip.  It's a nice restaurant, has good food, and I enjoy the atmosphere.   In the summertime, when I'm in town doing errands, I often have lunch there alone out on the patio.   Today is  no whining day, only upbeat conversations allowed.   Cliff has anxiously awaited  this day because turning 65 puts me on Medicare.


My younger sister, Retta, older brother, Chip, and middle child, me.........taken in front of our home, probably around 1952.
Retta, dad and mom, me, and Chip in the back
Can't remember if that was our dog, Dilly.
me........on a good day

There was a little girl,
Who had little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very  good indeed,
 And when she was bad she was horrid.
~Henry Wordsworth Longfellow

My mother often recited this to me when I got into a pouting mood.   So on this day, I happily embrace my 65th birthday.    ~Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese. ~

Comments

ralph said…
you were such a cutie-patootie!! you looked just like olivia when she was a little girl! :)

Popular posts from this blog