Cliff's been bringing in our bird feeders each night before dark because the bear has been spotted more frequently even during the daytime.  I've been told that nuts and berries throughout the summer were not plentiful and with winter coming, the animals are coming closer to homes foraging for foods that will prepare them for the cold weather.  Our bears don't fully hibernate and wake often to eat and see who's on their mountain.  Each morning I return the front garden feeder as soon as the sky lightens up because the nuthatches and Carolina wrens perform acrobatics to get my attention.  Some mornings the feisty little wrens fasten their feet in the kitchen screen and greet me at the sink.  Thursday morning and again this morning as I walked off the porch steps with the feeder, I was greeted by our two resident deer.  I was able to go back into the house, get the camera, and slowly return where she kindly posed for her picture.



*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *



Hayden and Sofia's artwork


I brought home three boxes containing my mother's things that Lauria has been storing for me at her house now for the past three years.  I forgot what I had saved when we cleaned out our parents' house so this is  like going through a treasure chest discovering family "jewels".  There are old cookbooks, a Jan Karon collection of Mitford stories, old family photos and journals, dishes and other items still to be sorted through.  A great way to spend an afternoon............a warm cup of tea and memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog