We reached a high of 52 degrees today.
The 4' X 10' porch that leads to the service door was built today.  I had considered asking my builder to make it about 6' X 12' or so just to allow a little more room.

Cliff in his supervisory stance.
 He really was helping.  

View from standing at the back of the garage looking at our house.  To the right is the shed Bill and Cliff built our first year here.
Everyone was gone by about 3:30.  Porch is completed.  

 It's a solid very well built porch.
View from the service door.  
So I'm very pleased I didn't request a 6' X 10' or larger porch because the wood alone (no labor) for this little gem was $700! 
Leading to the service door.

This is why I was impressed with the detailed light fixture on the garage.  Here is the way the light fixture was attached to the house. 



Woods and garden view from little porch.
Tomorrow I'll put my workbench in place and sort through the leftover lumber keeping pieces I can use later for projects.
We can't believe we finally have our garage.  My father would have enjoyed watching the garage come together and have been pleased with the construction and details of this building.  It would have received his stamp of approval.




Comments

ralph said…
LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! i'll pack up the kids...
Betsy said…
You'll have two windows and a small porch. Bring the chickens and ducks. The neighbors will welcome them.

Popular posts from this blog