"Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way." ~ Dr. Seuss

Sometimes a mountain woman just has to hang the apron on a hook, get out of the kitchen, and tackle some  outside chores.  Actually, Sunday was such a gorgeous day that we spent most of it outside.  There was a sharp nip to the air, but the temperature reached 57 and we were comfortable in our sweatshirts.
"Dagwood" showed me how to safely use the log splitter.

After the wedge splits and breaks a log most of the way through, I finish pulling the two halves apart and toss them into the wheel barrow.  There is a cold front coming through today, Monday, and the temperatures will rapidly be dropping from mid-50's to the teens.  Sunday we split and stacked plenty of wood on the porch to keep the wood stove burning through this cold spell. I found some new winter soups to try. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Your ears should have been burning tonight as Boni, Karen, Barb, and I went out to dinner and spent some time talking about you and your new garage. We sure do miss you but know you are living your dream. Retirement is still the best thing since white bread!
Betsy said…
I agree.....on retirement!!! I called Boni yesterday to see how Bill was doing. Told her I miss our evenings out.
ralph said…
i covet your wood splitter!

Popular posts from this blog