The sun tried to break through this afternoon.  I saw a strange brightness in the sky and a yellow glow behind a light grey cloud so I darted out onto the porch, tilted my head upward, and reached my hands to the heavens trying to capture the glow..................then it was overshadowed by deep opaqueness (is that a word?) and it was gone.  The rain gauge shows 2 more inches today.  Eight inches of rain since Monday.  I checked my feet to see if they were webbed yet.  The creek is thunderous.  Temperature is dropping to a low of 26, more normal for January nights.  A perfect night for a warm Carrot-Cauliflower Soup with Tarragon.  It's a nice thick winter soup.  Cliff had rye bread with his and I had hummus on Ak-Mak crackers.  Rumor has it there will be a sunrise tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog