Saturday morning update

 My blog image above is in Helen, GA taken last year.  It's the sister city to Fussen, Bavaria.

I started this last night, got tired and went to bed.........

Our temperatures reached 51 degrees Friday.......much more normal for this time of year, but will this will  be short lived.  By Sunday snow showers will be moving in and Monday is going to be brutal with a high of 24 with rain/snow showers!  These days will be good for baking Christmas cookies, soups, and trying new recipes.  Cliff got a chance to get the wreaths up and a few more strings of lights on the house. 

Monday and Friday are my yoga classes at our wellness center in town.  The more frequently you practice yoga, the easier it becomes to be in the present moment, not living in the past or worrying about the future.  When I "enter the room" and begin mindful breathing all thoughts of the day's responsibilities and tasks are left outside.  After slowly stretching and warming up, we go into two of my favorite vinyasas......Sun Salutations and the Pigeon pose.  In Pigeon, we do 10 rounds of breathes and I am so relaxed I don't want to come out.  It's a fast hour and our instructor is one of the best I've ever had.   The goal is to bring mindfulness and intention into every aspect of the day and not leave it on the yoga mat at the gym. After yoga today, I was a guinea pig for a tai chi instructor.  She teaches water exercise, which is great for aching muscles and arthritis, and in January will begin a water tai chi class.  So she asked me to practice with her today after yoga and  we'll practice again Monday.  Mark bought me a tai chi dvd last Christmas and I've had the hardest time trying to follow it because there is so much to think about while learning.  I can't mirror the instructor so it was helpful to be able to stand behind while we practiced tai chi. Lauria tried to teach me sign language when she was a teenager but my fingers and hands got all mixed up. I'll try my dvd again this weekend and see if I can muddle through it. 

Tragic incident here in the living room  last night when Cliff went to watch NCIS on channel 26 and found the channel no longer on TV!!  He watches NCIS like most people watch football games.  It's going to be a rough weekend because he can't call to find out what happened until Monday morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog