Cliff trying to put the outside lights up in raw windy temperatures.
" #@%^&#*!!"

 Jim, if your gifts look like they were wrapped by an animal................
It's stinking rotten cold out!!  Thermometer registered single numbers when Cliff responded to a medical call at 4 AM.  We sleep with the thermostat at 64 and I heard the furnace run all night.  Our temps are about 20 degrees below normal.  Tuesday Cliff dropped me off at the gym because I was going to help one of the instructors with Tai Chi.  He then drove to meet a friend at McDonald's for coffee and to discuss purchasing some fire dept. equipment for training sessionsIt worked out that there were no available rooms to practice our Tai Chi so I decided to just bundle up, had my warm fur-lined boots on, and walk from the gym to McDonald's.  Funny how when you drive somewhere it seems so much closer!  Tuesday was raw, no sun, windy and now I know McDonald's is at least a mile away.  I hiked it at a power pace to keep from freezing to death and actually felt my body warm up about half way thereOrdered my hot senior decaf, sat and read one of the local papers while Cliff and Doug talked "fire" talk.  I actually felt invigorated.  Haven't walked that far in the cold weather since I walked to high school when I lived in Hudson.  Yesterday morning  when I tried to get out of bed though, the muscles in BOTH knees went on strike and refuse to work. Other muscles were beginning to join in.  Luckily, I had a massage scheduled for the afternoon so Linda helped loosen my aching body.  This morning all muscles have returned to work and we'll be heading to the gym shortly to insure that they know who's boss.  

Comments

ralph said…
love the new homepage photo. beautiful. and never walk when you can drive, silly woman! you don't actually think exercise is good for you, do you?! crazy old people.

don't worry, jim is only allergic to cats. :)

Popular posts from this blog