Can't believe we are still enjoying spring-like weather.  My potted plants are placed out on the porch each morning and brought in each evening because temperatures drop dangerously close to freezing their little leaves.  We watch the Chattanooga news some mornings and weather was forecast to stay about 48 a few nights ago.  Left all the potted plants out on the porch.  Chatt is usually 5-6 degrees warmer than we are but I figured I was still safe.  We woke to 31 degrees up here.  Poor little leaves got burned and they were all shriveled up and some just gave up and went limp.  Brought them all in last night and the temp stayed 51degrees.  Started some more herb seedlings yesterday for my window boxes.  I know we'll get more cold fronts coming through and even a possible quick blizzard but for now we'll take this weather.  We're due for thunderstorms tomorrow so the plants will stay on the porch.

Cliff and I have been digging up roots and rocks from the garden.  The large flat mountain rocks are becoming my rock wall in the front garden.   We found a local with a  rototiller who will come in the next few days and make this job a little easier for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog