Well, I picked the last two heads of Chinese cabbage the other day but we couldn't eat them  because they looked more like Swiss cheese.  The snails beat me to it.  This morning I researched natural ways to deter or annihilate the little freeloaders and found a site where people write in their tried-and-true methods used in their own gardens.  I found about ten suggestions such as hand-picking, stale beer and honey, sandpaper discs, and ducks.  I just happened to have a can of beer in the refrig and always have honey on hand.  So that was my elixir.  Once the beer went stale and the potion was made, I put it in little plastic cat food containers in between the red cabbage plants.  The theory is.......that the snails and slugs will be attracted to the sweet beer, climb into the cups and drown. 



We'll see!


 I may end up with every forest animal laying between the rows of radishes and cabbage with hangovers.  (Couldn't find a drunk deer....only this cow.)

PS......thank you, Louise!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog