TGIF

I worked today!!!  Haven't worked since fall of 2009.  Figured I was black-balled from the sub list, but Monday night, got a call from a 3rd grade teacher at Ranger Elementary to sub Friday.  It's been so long that I had the anxiety dream teachers get before reporting to pre-plan each new school year.  It could be showing up on the first day of school in slippers, not being able to get to school by the time the bell rings, or for me the worst is the reoccurring classroom-totally-out-of-control nightmare where children are the ones in control.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep well, but I really like this little school and the teachers I have met.  The principal is easy-going but an in-charge person, remembered me from my two days back in 2009, and welcomed me back.  It's very different from big city or overcrowded schools. The atmosphere is friendly and warm and the teachers are very supportive of each other.   Many of the teachers had workshops today so the school was full of subs and what a shame they missed the Teacher Appreciation food in the workroom.  Anyway, today turned out well and when the big check comes, we'll go to our favorite Longhorn Steak House in  Ellijay, GA and enjoy Flo's Fillet with a glass of Cabernet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog