HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

This Mother's Day I honor my Mother for her positive words of encouragement throughout my life.... for never expecting me to be "perfect" and for teaching me to laugh at myself when things go wrong, for the gift of gardening and the deep appreciation of nature and all that is natural. 

"The older I get, the more of my mother I see in myself." ~Nancy Friday

Also, I am blessed to have been influenced by my sister's and my daughter-in-law's strength and courage in times of personal illness and healing, by my daughter's wise words and sense of humor, and the intimacy and sharing of my circle of friends.......those still living and "the Golden Girl" who passed away.  


"Mothers of teenagers understand why animals eat their young!" ~unknown


 





Comments

Karen Swain said…
You always express your thoughts so beautifully. Happy Mother's Day!
Betsy said…
Thank you, Karen. Happy Mother's Day to you.
ralph said…
such a great photo of you and grammy.

Popular posts from this blog