Everyone was dragging on Wednesday.  Lauria and I were tired and the two littles were a bit cranky.
Lauria felt like diner food for breakfast so we visited Rick's Waffle King.
Jim worked during this vacation, attended online meetings and still found time in the days to bake bread, make two fritttas, a wonderful chicken soup, and pay attention to his children.


 Jim taking a tea break while Cliff washes up the dishes..................again.


  Each evening meal was ended with ice-cream cones for dessert.  Children chose Breyers  rocky road, vanilla, caramel praline crunch, and my favorite, coffee.


Olivia made streamers and decorated the house for a party.  For Olivia, life is a celebration.  What a wonderful way to embrace each day.  She's already into yoga, tries to get her dad to do it with her.


She taped pictures and "streamers" all over the walls. Olivia also created a primitive musical instrument using and empty square plastic peanut container.  She stretched three rubber bands over the opening and duct taped them in place, climbed up in my lap, and strummed the bands repeatedly making music.  Thank goodness she didn't ask me to sing.
The three "bigs" in their sleeping bags on the blow-up mattress ready for bed.
Pretending to be asleep.
Hayden and Sofia watching cartoons.

Last night Jim and Lauria packed everything and stacked the cargo by the door so they could be ready to head back to Virginia by 8 am.  I had a dental appointment, said my good-byes and I love you's at 7:30 and headed to town for my 8 am cleaning.  Cliff stayed and made sure all five children were in the van and Kirby the dog wasn't hidden in my sewing room.

The house is too quiet now.  I'm sitting in my recliner blogging and there are no bony little butts and knees trying to climb on me and cuddle.  No one is singing "not the hippopotamus" or strumming on a homemade banjo.  It's quiet.  But I feel recharged.  As soon as I get my inflammation under control, we'll head up to Virginia. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog