I'm starting to feel human again and it's such a relief!   For months I've felt like nuclear waste.  I hadn't done any sewing in over two weeks.  The last month or so my brain was foggy and I had lost my lust for life.  I really felt toxic.  I don't know what was going on in this body but it was scary.  I couldn't stand not being me so I spent hours researching my symptoms and deciding what I could do to shake the evil from my body.  Being on so much Motrin daily isn't healthy.  My doctor just said it was osteoarthritis and prescribed tumeric capsules to help relieve the inflammation.  I do have OA but I had to find a way to cope and get to the bottom of this terrible joint and muscle pain and sleepless nights.  While Cliff was in MA, I went for a massage to relax the muscles and get the knots out.  This therapist suggested I try an elimination diet to see if I have any food sensitivities.  Trying things for two to three weeks isn't going to stick with me so I found an easy 5-day diet that includes fish and chicken, fruit, lots of green leafy vegetables, green tea, and vegetable broth.  The tea, vegetable broth, and loads of green leafy vegetable do a gentle detox.  These are foods that rarely cause sensitivities.  After 5 days of following this regimen, I started to feel cleaner and my brain felt clearer.  From there you add dairy products for a couple of days and see how your body reacts.  Then add soy products or grains to see if you're gluten sensitive, etc.  Food sensitivities can cause terrible headaches and joint and muscle pain.  There are so many foods tainted with chemical sprays that we are ingesting toxins that pass through our organs.  Being mindful of what I'm eating may be my improvement, not sure, but it's certainly been worth the effort.  I have less pain during the day now so not as tired.  Nights aren't quite as bad.  Cliff has been wonderful.  He's taken over so many of the simple chores I couldn't do.  I think I'm almost me again!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog