Our front yard.

 Right outside of the bathroom window.

My deer made their appearance again this morning.  These were taken through the screened windows.  I tried to sneak out on the porch but they can hear every creak and step and the smell of human.  Up close you see how thick their coats are. 
 After the deer bounded off into the woods, I went out with my camera and tromped through the woods to see what other creatures might have visited us last night.
 Fresh bear tracks.
 You can see the claw and pad prints.
 Imprint is 5-6 inches long.

I think these may be bobcat.  Bigger than the fat yellow cat that visits us at night.
Today we're going to rig up a "sled" to be able to drag our groceries and more kerosene up the road.  Four-wheel drive vehicles are able to make it up here but we only have a no-wheel drive truck and a front-wheel drive old car.  This is why we so desperately need to sell our Florida house, pay down this mortgage,(it won't even pay it off anymore) and buy what we need to live here.  Putting aside the neglectful deviant HOA board members, I still love the peace I find in Murphy.....the wildlife and the people we've met and the calm that comes in a snowfall or a sunrise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog