National Dress-Up-Your-Pet Day

How did I miss it?  Friday was National Dress-Up-Your-Pet Day!  Every Morning I "feed" the cats and dogs some kibble on freekibble.com after answering a trivia question.  Today's question started out with the fact that Friday was National Dress-Up-Your-Pet Day.  What stunning outfit did Chissie wear? (Larry and Pat's cat has her own closet full of fashionable wear for each holiday.)  Chissie even had her picture taken with Santa.
OK.................who volunteers to put clothes on Maxine?!

Yesterday turned out to be heavenly!The sun was with us all day which allowed the temperature to reach 51, normal here for January.  Saturday I received my new Lang calendar from Amazon.  Last year for Christmas, Lauria gave me a gorgeous calendar that featured colorful images of herb gardens.  As the end of December approached, a sadness come over me because I would have to say good-bye to my year of watercolor herb images and recipes.  Even more than that, the subtle thought of my daughter it brought to mind each morning.  I intended to order another herb calendar for 2011, but that one was out of stock.  As I scrolled page after page of wall calendars, I was awed by the choices of such impressive calendars.  I kept putting favorites in "my cart" until I realized I had saved 10 favorites and would have to go through some process of elimination because I don't have enough walls to hang 10 calendars.  The list was finally narrowed down to "barns."  Artist Steve Kozar captures the breathtaking beauty of Wisconsin farmlands in such a way that he leaves you with the feeling you are there.  My mother loved her calendars.  She ritually noted the daily temperatures and journaled some small activity in each square. I'm not that organized.  I barely remember to note birthdays or appointments.

I've been experiencing some shoulder throbbing due to over-exertion...........there's a surprise!!!! so haven't slept well at night.  this comes and goes and I never know when the throbbing will start.  Of course, it ticks me off and I have less patience with things.  And I miss my dear friends.  There is nothing like the love of family or sitting with friends when you need to gripe or just laugh.  Yesterday Barb made my day with an unexpected phone call when I needed it the most.  Friends and family..................priceless!

Comments

Karen Swain said…
Hi! We were at the RV show in Tampa today and one of the other attendees had on a t-shirt advertising a campground in Murphy, NC. Small world! I hope you get to feeling better. The warmer temps should help. It will be spring before you know it. I couldn't resist the pansies at Lowe's yesterday.

Popular posts from this blog