I awoke at 2:30 AM to the sound of a cat barfing somewhere close to me. Maxine prefers to deposit a hairball on her little rug or the small rug on my side of the bed. So I carefully placed my foot on the hardwood floor to avoid the rug and immediately found were the sound came from. I got up, put the lights on, cleaned it up, went back to bed. Couldn't get back to sleep. My right shoulder and left hip started aching, Maxine plunked her body against my head and purred loudly but contently in my ear. She was wide awake and ready to play. By six, she was running kitty olympics down the length of the house and I still couldn't get into a good sleep so here I am with my coffee, my cat, and my computer. It's about 60 out now, very foggy, the woods are teeming with birds songs. The first orange day lily opened before I got up. It's actually my favorite time of day no matter what the weather. So I'll say "good morning" to all, get another cup of coffee, and head out onto the porch with my cat before I miss the peace and serenity that morning brings to me in the mountains.

Comments

ralph said…
starting to get warm early in the am here and stays warm all day long. i guess summer is actually here!

Popular posts from this blog