Tuesday, June 1



Well, it's back to work after a long Memorial weekend for many people.............not us though. Our friends, Pat and Larry from FL, spent a well-deserved relaxing week at a campground here in Murphy, just 7 miles from the TN border. I forgot to bring my camera when we drove out there so no pics. It's the nicest area I've seen to camp around here. It's the old-fashioned campground feeling that I had when my mother took my sister and me to Sebago Lake in ME when we were kids. No concrete slabs. It's a small campground with a winding trout creek, trees to shade the tents and RV's, geese, ducks, chickens and roosters that wander around greeting vacationers and a little llama or alpaca farm nearby........ sorry you're back to work, guys....... the mountains miss you.

Our busy day today will include a trip to our transfer station with recycleables and trash where we'll catch up on what's been happening with our friendly retired attendant. Two of the ladies who "man" the station are natives to the area so I can ask them about gardening, quilting, and whatever else I need to know about here. Later today, in between the predicted scattered storms, we'll plant some more vegetables and bean, pumpkin, gourd, melon seeds in our neighbor's garden. Friends were kind enough to let us use a portion of their garden. My little raised garden needs some earthworms to help aerate the heavy soil so we'll drop by Wayne's Feed Store and buy worms and I'll probably be hypnotized into buying more vegetable plants to put in the big garden. I know when the crops are ready, they'll all be coming in at once and I'll need to find a place to store them. Guess I'll have to take the local canning/preserving classes so I can do this right.

Time to make some blueberry muffins and get ready to head out soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog