part II

Barb and Mike drove up from FL to care for Maxine while we were in MA. So last Tuesday, we hit the road at 4:30 AM. I was on Bambi watch as we headed to VA to see Lauria, Jim and the grandchildren. It was Grant's birthday so we got to celebrate with him. We bought at least one noise making toy that was annoying. Actually, I loved the toy. It has a long handle with a large claw on the end to pick up objects or grab your sister by the wrist/ankle and makes a grinding noise when you work it. We had pasta for dinner and a birthday cake. Weather was too hot and heavy to sit out on their porch. Next morning we were on the road again to MA to spend a few days with Cliff's mother. This portion of the trip is the most tiring, traveling through NY, large cities, and driving through the long construction zones. We stayed with Retta and Vic for the two days we were there. Weather was even humid and uncomfortable in NE. Friday night Vic, Retta, Chip, Maryellen, Cliff and I went to the Marlborough Country Club for dinner. The building has been remodeled and is beautiful. I haven't been there since Mark and I were married and he was the chef, probably 35 years ago. Would you believe, the hostess used to be a waitress back then and worked with him when he was a chef there. Also, seated beside us were people from my high school class of '64. One of whom I had been in love with from the first grade to high school. He used to be a paperboy and I would walk my nephew in the stroller while David delivered papers. It was really nice to catch up on some old times with them.

Next morning we were back up at 4 AM and on the road heading back to VA, stayed with our daughter and son-in-law again. That morning my intestines started talking to me but I blamed it on stress and fatigue and a little too much wine and rich food at the country club. Sunday morning as we started our final trek to NC, I knew it was going to be a rough day........

Comments

ralph said…
it was really great to see you guys, even though it was a short visit. we will get together for a longer visit sometime soon.

Popular posts from this blog